Mitsui Fudosan to Launch the WORKSTYLING Project
(Multi-Site Shared Offices for Corporate Clients)
April 6, 2017
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, April 6, 2017 - Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo, announced today that it has launched the WORKSTYLING Project and started providing a new solution for work places through multi-site shared offices for corporate clients that respond to various work space challenges. At a time when society is aging and the working population decreasing, and companies are being required to enhance productivity and use various human resources (diversity and inclusion), corporate workers’ long working hours are coming under question and there is an ever greater need for efficient and creative work. Based on its statement of “BEYOND THE OFFICE,”*1 Mitsui Fudosan has utilized its know-how in creating work places appropriate for a new age to propel this project for workstyle reforms.
WORKSTYLING, Multi-Site Shared Offices for Corporate Clients
The office space available for many companies has reached a limit in regard to existing working styles, creating an increasing need for co-working spaces and satellite offices. However, at the same time this has raised the issue of ensuring high security and the cost of establishing and operating such facilities, and the reality is that the environment for corporate employees working outside of the office remains inadequate. Mitsui Fudosan has established WORKSTYLING share offices to provide workers with a wide variety of work place choices meeting their working style or life stage needs while they remain a member of a company, as well as raised the quality of services, including security. A pioneering trial office aimed to create a facility meeting the needs of both companies and employees following use by more than 2,000 company workers and feedback from more than 500 hearings.
Currently, 10 bases have been established, mainly in central Tokyo, and the objective is to develop bases in about 30 locations in the main areas of Japan within the 2017 fiscal year. Looking ahead, the Mitsui Fudosan Group will exercise its collective capabilities and aim to provide work spaces and added services not just for office buildings, but for all varieties of lifestyle scenarios, taking into account the potential requests obtained from opinions provided by actual users.
Key Points Related to WORKSTYLING Multi-site Shared Offices for Corporate Clients
1. Contract System for Companies
- Limited to corporate clients
- Company employees from corporate clients are eligible to use any base on a 10-minute time share basis
- Employing a weighted payment schedule that bills monthly on a cumulative basis for total time used by each corporate client
- A dedicated web app enables easy attendance management of employees working outside of the company for corporate clients by using integrated management of access records and use of private and meeting rooms
- Enhanced security allowing use only by individuals authorized by companies
- A concierge is stationed at the Reception Desk to ensure high security
- Consideration given to communications security, including through encrypted WiFi service
3. User Experience
- Availability of various types of spaces such as private rooms, meeting rooms and open spaces create areas enabling seamless connections between individual work and team meetings, creating opportunities for mixing and input
- All bases are fully equipped with the latest teleconferencing systems. Tele-presentation systems using large, high-quality displays enable meetings at times and places where it is easy to come and go
- A dedicated web app supports searches and reservations for private and meeting rooms at all bases, recommendations functions for users and reservation confirmations, as well as a shared calendar function
- Concierge service provides support in such ways as dealing with customers and acceptance of deliveries. Furthermore, the concierge also responds in such ways as setting up meeting rooms, providing a service lending business support tools such as displays, keyboards and chargers.
4. Bases Spreading Nationwide
- Plans are to establish bases in approx. 30 locations during fiscal 2017 in the main areas of Japan, focused on city centers
- Corporate clients’ registered users can use all bases
Openings are planned in major cities nationwide with a focus on the Tokyo metropolitan area
Space Creation in WORKSTYLING
For the objective of maximizing organizational and team performance, and the performance of individual corporate workers as a matter of course, focus was placed on the ideal relationship between individuals and organizations and environments created that enabled free coming and going for meeting and relaxing. To give examples, these are places that enable easily gathering information for participants before meetings; for meetings to proceed smoothly using ICT such as teleconferencing systems; to be able to gather thoughts following a meeting; to share rough ideas; and, home to other hard and soft measures to raise productivity.
Companies Participating in WORKSTYLING
Some of the main companies actively engaged in workstyle reforms by using WORKSTYLING (as of April 6, 2017)
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- KOKUYO Co., Ltd.
- Cisco Systems G.K.
- Shiseido Japan Co., Ltd.
- Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- NISSHO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
- Nihon Unisys, Ltd.
- Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
- Unilever Japan Holdings KK
* Mitsui Fudosan will also use WORKSTYLING from April 2017 as one aspect of its workstyle reforms initiative.
Workstyle Reforms at Mitsui Fudosan
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd. aims to be an organization where people with diverse values and talents play active roles, and where each employee can select a working style that matches their stage in life so they can continue their career. At the same time, Mitsui Fudosan seeks to enable individuals to maximize the display of their experience and abilities, as it realizes this is indispensable for its sustainable development.
The Company is moving ahead with activities associated with workstyle transformations by creating a foundation that enables diverse human resources to play an active role in realizing these goals.
In April 2016, the Company established the Workstyle Innovation Department to consolidate and promote various existing initiatives. The Company aims to achieve great value creation through initiatives both for reforming awareness toward work in limited operation hours that enhance workstyle quality, for establishing various systems and work environments that support these.
*1 BEYOND THE OFFICE
Mitsui Fudosan uses the statement BEYOND THE OFFICE for its building business. Mitsui Offices will continue to provide distinctive office buildings that go beyond conventional concepts to generate new added value for customers, providing a place for new lifestyles catering to a variety of working and non-working times rather than simply being places to fulfill a job.
Official WORKSTYLING Webpage (Japanese)